- 12 Jun 2022
- 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Atmospheric Landscape, exploring Oil Paints and Cold Wax Mediums With Paula Dunn NEW
In this 1-day course we will be working with oil paints and a medium called cold wax to create paintings with depth and atmosphere. Paula will share with you her techniques for creating atmospheric landscapes and dramatic skies with transparent colours and blending techniques using brayers, palette knives and brushes.
No experience of painting or working in oils is needed. Just come prepared to have fun and to experiment.
The workshop will include information about techniques, as well as demonstrations and plenty of time for practice.
- Introduction to using cold wax medium with oils
- Introduction to the tools
- Working wet-on-wet
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Creating textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Blending techniques
- Understanding drying times
No experience of painting or of working in oils needed.
All the workshops include lunch and have limited availability which allows for greater tutor input and one to one time and learning. Each student shall be emailed a week before the course start date to give a reminder and further details about the course.