- 17 - 18 Feb 2024
- 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Exploring oils and cold wax- Two day workshop with Paula Dunn
In this experimental 2-day course you will be guided step by step on the methods for building up paintings in layers, using cold wax, oil paints and pure pigments. The workshop will also look at mark making and will explore different ways to create textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques.
The workshop will include information about techniques, as well as demonstrations and plenty of time for practice.
What will be covered?
- Introduction to using cold wax medium with oils
- Introduction to the tools
- Working wet-on-wet
- Using transparent and opaque colours
- Creating textures and lines using a variety of tools and techniques
- Incorporating pigments and other loose powders into your work
- Blending techniques
- Understanding drying times
- Building layers of colour
- Solvent reduction techniques
- Pigment sticks and oil bars
- Using glazes
Do I have the experience?
Whether you are a professional artist or haven’t picked up a paint brush since school, absolutely no experience of painting or of working in oils needed. Just come prepared to have fun and to experiment.
What shall I bring with me?
All materials and use of tools are covered in the price of the workshop. Please bring your own apron or a shirt you don’t mind getting splashed with paint.